The Preseason of The 32nd season of The FM Home Loans AFI League is coming to a close. The air is cooling down, the sun is setting earlier, change is in the air and the hopes for a new champion breezes through the Holy City. Most teams have finalized their rosters and are now scheduling practices and scrimmages. Many players are still working on forming new teams. The start of the season is around the corner as the long journey to the Holy Land Bowl begins.
This season will be one of a kind, due to the unfortunate circumstances of the current pandemic, and change is in the air. Some of the new rules include:
- Teams will play a single game each weekend, instead of a double header matchup vs the same opponent.
- The season will consist of 12 games per team, instead of 9 matchups.
- No fans will be permitted on the grounds near the field (not to mention the field itself).
- Players’ temperature will be taken upon arrival.
- Teams will be permitted to arrive half an hour before their game to practice (no earlier), and will be forced to leave the grounds up to 20 minutes after the end of their game.
- The field will have designated areas for practice.
Despite these many changes, the season is looking to be more thrilling than ever! Teams are gearing up to fight for the Holy Land Trophy, and their competitivity can be felt by all.
Team captains looking to register or who have any questions should contact league commissioner at URIEL@AFI.CO.IL
It is highly recommended to register as early as possible, as that is the only way to get important league updates and protocols. Payment can be submitted up until the day of the first game.
Here are the following ways to keep up with league news.
YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_bj0Ij7Qh2P8eEnpMlWCsg